Our Aims and Ethos
Our aims are held in common with Queen’s College, London; teaching and learning are at the heart of everything we do and standards are high.
- We value academic excellence for its own sake, rather than the sterile pursuit of marks.
- We measure our success by the development of each individual.
- We value personal integrity and the discernment to deal responsibly with the wider world.
- We value teaching that inspires pupils and stimulates intellectual curiosity; that encourages intellectual rigour and the ability to make informed judgements; that helps pupils to know how to think, rather than what to think.
- We value in pupils self-reliance and independence of mind; self-discipline and the determination to outstrip expectations; imagination and the courage to take risks.
At QCPS we work with every girl to bring out the best in her; we build independence and the skills to work collaboratively so that our girls grow as learners and as people. She will be encouraged to think for herself, to be ambitious, resilient and resourceful. The school is a happy, safe and stimulating place where every girl is an important individual. Our approach and teaching from the outset is designed to give the message that learning is fun and that how we behave matters. Emphasis is placed on concern and respect for others, and on our responsibilities as members of a community. We work to build self-esteem in our girls so that they grow into confident, compassionate, accomplished and well-rounded young girls who leave us ready and prepared for the next phase of their education.
““We shall be glad to improve our practice every day, not alter our principle”F. D. Maurice, FOunder of queen's college.